PE or EIT
Civil Engineering Company in Charleston, SC has an opening for a PE or EIT with 1 to 5 years experience in civil design. Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of Civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems, practices, and methods and may create and refine unique design solutions. In the case of a licensed staff member, acting as a lead project engineer, this includes but is not limited to, the stamping/sealing of one's drawings/documents as well as drawings/documents done as the professional in "responsible charge " as defined by the applicable statute of jurisdiction.
- Represents the firm in meetings and conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate a project.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a medium to large engineering project or a number of smaller complex projects with overall responsibility for budget adherence, schedule adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination.
- Responsible for acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer's quality, and field construction.
- May serve as a staff advisor or consultant in the role of technical specialist requiring highly, specialized knowledge and skills, and the use of advanced techniques.
- Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and/or unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of a team of engineers and designers working on the same assigned project.
- Defines project scope of work and organizes into manageable tasks.
- Provides supervisor and project manager with scope of work change warnings.
- Maintains continuing professional education in discipline.
- Takes part in client contact and business development activities.
- Meets with client to define project scope, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver's license required.