Facilities UPW/WWT Technician
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform required preventative maintenance duties including operation, maintenance, testing and repair of UPW (Ultra-Pure Water) and WWT (Waste Water Treatment) systems to meet the required standards of purity, quality, and facility performance.
- Good communication skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office and Maintenance Management programs.
Minimum Requirements for Facilities UPW/WWT Technician
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a skilled level of mechanical maintenance
- Equivalent educational and professional experience and training associated with a highly technical/engineering environment. Including, operational experience with technical training; general understanding of various disciplines such as mechanical, electrical and control systems. Experience in working with maintenance schedules, blueprints, diagrams, sketches codes and maintaining detailed and accurate records.
- Must have good communications skills, be able to work well in a team environment, possess good mechanical aptitude, and be able to work safely.
- Must be able to maintain detailed, accurate records, and prepare necessary reports.
- Associate's Degree in Engineering and 3 years' experience in UPW and WWT operations
- 5 years UPW and WWT operational experience with technical training.
- General understanding of all related disciplines such as device performance, electrical, chemical and waste handling (drum and bulk), scrubbers, reporting and control systems, PLC programming & operation and bulk gas system operation.
Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Hourly rate: $24.52- $31.75 (Night Shift 15% shift differential)
*Posted rate is dependent upon experience and education.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.